The ORC offers rowing camps for youth. Campers are introduced to the basics of rowing technique and complementary cross training activities.
Discover Rowing Camp Instructors are responsible for the programming, balancing safety with the individual and group needs of the rowers. Success is measured by improved rowing technique amongst participants, enjoyment and positive feedback from campers, increased enrolment, and the transition of campers into further ORC programs.
Camp Instructors are supported by a full-time ORC Head Coach.
- Successful completion of RCA / RowOntario LTR Instructor program;
- Police Record Check
- Pleasure craft operating license (Boat License)
- Standard First Aid / CPR C;
- Comprehensive knowledge of rowing within a competitive environment;
- Coaching or instructional experience;
- Proven customer service knowledge and experience;
- Techniques for dealing effectively with athletes, members, volunteers, colleagues and ORC employees;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interactions with athletes, parents, coaches, and ORC employees
- Ability to communicate effectively in English including excellent writing and grammatical skills; bilingualism is an asset.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email and the internet;
- Highly developed organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience working as a member of a team, and
- Ability to work independently within established procedural guidelines and/or written directions.
Application Deadline: Saturday, May 1st, 2021
Approximate start date is Monday, July 5th, 2021 or earlier
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Details