The Ottawa Rowing Club’s Annual General Meeting was successfully held last evening at the Hintonburg Community Centre. Thank you to all those members, coaches and volunteers who participated in the meeting.
One the highlights of the AGM was the voting of new officers in Executive Committee positions. The positions up for election included President, VP Administration, VP Competitive, Treasurer and Secretary. The new Executive Committee is:
- President – Peter Thompson
- VP Administration – Kate Goodfellow
- Treasurer – Robin Page
- Registrar – Greg Brown
- VP Recreational and Masters programs – Jennifer Shortall
- VP Competitive Programs – Rob Park
- Secretary – Lilianne Page
- Athlete Representative – Aaron King
- Director at Large – Paul Hawksworth
- Safety Committee Chair – Jeremy Courtney
A warm welcome and much gratitude to all of those above who have volunteered their time and expertise to serve the ORC community, particularly as we celebrate 150 years in 2017.
A sincere and heartfelt thanks to our outgoing Executive members, including Lana Burpee as President, Chris Waddell as VP Administration, Chris Masson as VP Competitive and Paul Amesbury as Treasurer. Thank you seems inadequate for the contributions made by our Executive and all of our volunteers each day, but we are eternally grateful for all you have done and will continue to do for rowing!