National Capital High School Regatta – June 10, 2017
The Ottawa Rowing Club is pleased to host the annual National Capital High School Regatta on Saturday, June 10, 2017. Novice and competitive crews from high schools in Ottawa, and the surrounding area have been invited. Athletes will demonstrate strength, balance, rhythm, and teamwork while racing singles to eights.
• Events will include novice, juniors and seniors, men’s, women’s and mixed races.
• The Ottawa Rowing Club has applied to have this race sanctioned by RowOntario, and RCA rules of racing will apply. Races begin at 8:00 am and the day should finish up by 2:00pm
• Boats will race along a 1000m course with the finish line just past the ORC boathouse. • Each race will be visible from the shoreline at the boathouse.
• Winners of each event will receive awards. The high school accumulating the most points during the regatta will take home the trophy.
The Venue: Canada’s oldest rowing club
• Spectators will be able to view the entire race from start to photo-finish.
• Food, water, first aid, sanitary facilities, race programs are available.
• Bring chairs, and binoculars, and dress comfortably for the weather.
• Parking will be restricted to the areas ‘above’ the ORC driveway.
• Regatta Volunteers needed!
• Get the best views of the races! Get new insights into the sport!
• No prior experience needed.
• Volunteers are needed to drive safety boats along the water course, to assist umpires as runners, to run the canteen and to serve refreshments.
• To volunteer, please email Maureen McEvoy (email@example.com) with your interest and availability. We’ll find you a good spot with some compatible people.
If you are a club interested in racing in the NCHSR, please click here for the regatta information package. Please email your intent to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 26, 2017. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by Friday, June 2, 2017.
We look forward to seeing you at the regatta!