NATIONAL CAPITAL HIGH SCHOOL REGATTA – MAY 26, 2018
Family and friends — you are invited to the 2018 National Capital High School Regatta!
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Ottawa Rowing Club
10 Lady Grey Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
On behalf of the club’s members, its Board and its coaches, we would like to invite you to attend the 2018 National Capital High School Regatta. Novice and competitive crews from high schools in Ottawa, and the surrounding area have been invited. Athletes will demonstrate strength, balance, rhythm, and teamwork while racing singles to eights.
• Events will include novice, juniors and seniors, men’s, women’s and mixed races.
• The Ottawa Rowing Club has applied to have this race sanctioned by RowOntario, and RCA rules of racing will apply. Races begin at 8:00 am and the day should finish up by 1:00pm
• Boats will race along a 1000m course with the finish line just past the ORC boathouse.
• Each race will be visible from the shoreline at the boathouse.
• Winners of each event will receive awards. The high school accumulating the most points during the regatta will take home the trophy.
The Venue: Canada’s oldest rowing club
• Spectators will be able to view the entire race from start to photo-finish.
• Food, water, first aid, sanitary facilities, race programs are available.
• Bring chairs, and binoculars, and dress comfortably for the weather.
• Parking will be restricted to the areas ‘above’ the ORC driveway.
• Regatta Volunteers needed!
• Get the best views of the races! Get new insights into the sport!
• No prior experience needed.
• Volunteers are needed to drive safety boats along the water course, to assist umpires as runners, to run the canteen and to serve refreshments.
• To volunteer, please email Maureen McEvoy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your interest and availability. We’ll find you a good spot with some compatible people.
We look forward to seeing you at the regatta!